Protecting the security and privacy of your personal information is important to Krones AG („Krones“). Therefore, Krones conducts its business in compliance with the applicable laws on privacy, data protection and data security. The policy outlined below will help you understand what information Krones may collect, how Krones uses and safeguards that information and with whom Krones may share it.
1. Personal Information
Through the Krones websites, Krones will not collect any personal information about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address, unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us (e.g., by filling out contact forms, registration, survey) or if the applicable laws on the protection of your data allow such action.
When you do provide Krones with personal information, Krones usually uses it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers. In order to better assist customer relationships, it may be necessary
- that Krones saves and processes your personal information and shares it with the worldwide Krones subsidiaries to better understand your business needs or to improve Krones products and services; or
- that Krones (or a third party on behalf of Krones) uses this personal information to contact you regarding future Krones offers, so as to support your business needs, or to conduct online surveys to better understand Krones customers' business and requirements.
If you choose not to have your personal information used to support Krones´ customer relationship research (particularly direct-marketing or market-research), Krones will respect your decision. Krones will not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties, except to companies belonging to the Krones group.
3. Use for a specific purpose
Krones will only collect, process and use the personal data supplied by you online for the purposes notified to you, unless collection, processing and use
- are for another purpose which is directly connected to the original purpose for which the personal data were collected;
- are required in order to process, negotiate and execute a contract with you;
- are necessary on account of a legal obligation or an official or judicial order;
- are necessary in order to justify or protect legal claims or ward off law suits;
- are used to prevent misuse or other unlawful activities, e.g. intentional attacks on the Krones systems, with the aim of ensuring data security.
4. Communication- and utilisation-related information
If you access the Krones websites via telecommunication services, communication-related information (e.g. internet protocol address) or utilisation-related information (e.g. information on the start and duration of utilisation as well as the telecommunications services used by you) will automatically be generated through technical means. This information may allow inferences to personal data. If collection, processing and use of your communication- or utilisation-related information are absolutely necessary, they will be subject to legal regulations on data privacy.
5. Non-personal information collected automatically
When you access the Krones websites, information that is not personally-identifiable (e.g., type of internet browser and computer operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed) may be collected automatically (i.e., not by registration). Krones uses this information and shares it with the worldwide subsidiaries to measure the use of the Krones websites and improve their performance and content.
Krones will take technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data against unintentional or illegal deletion, against changes or loss, and against unauthorised transmission or access.
7. Links to other websites
The Krones website contains links to third party websites. Krones is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these websites.
8. Web analysis
In order to constantly improve and optimise our offer, we use so-called tracking technologies. To this end, we use the Google Analytics services.
8.1 Google Analytics
Through the use of this website, you express your consent to the processing of data collected by Google about you in the manner described above and for the purposes previously mentioned.
You may prevent the installation of cookies by making appropriate settings in your browser software; however, should you do so, you will not be able to use all of the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of these websites (including your IP address) as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided at the following link.
Further information on Google Analytics and data protection is provided at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
9. Questions and comments